Our goal for this campaign was to reach out to the potential customers that were in the area affected by the hurricanes that hit Louisiana to see how Priority Roofing could help them with any roofing issues the storm may have caused.
To start, we needed to figure out the areas that Priority Roofing services that were hit by the hurricane. We discovered two main areas of Louisiana that we would be targeting: Lake Charles and Benton/Haughton. Once we narrowed down our target market, we used our tools to find homeowners in these areas. Once we had a list of potential customers, complete with name, address, phone number, and e-mail, we began writing the script to our campaign. We knew that we needed to create a sense of urgency to their roofing repairs, knowing that a storm could come back at any point. We also tried to convey a different sense of urgency in the allotted time that insurance would cover roof damage, as we have seen that be effective in other campaigns.
After our script was complete, we set up the campaign in HighLevel, a text campaign platform. We actually ran into a little bit of an issue with deliverability in the beginning stages of the campaign because of an update to the rules because of the election. But we troubleshot that, creating our very own automated program that slowly but effectively added contacts to the campaign to ensure deliverability wasn’t affected.
With the deliverability issue taken care of, the campaign went on. We were sure to pass along anything we thought might be a lead to the team at Priority Roofing, and responded accordingly to try and turn anything that wasn’t a “stop” or “no” into a potential client.
The results taught us a very valuable lesson about storms. We already knew that running a campaign around 11 months after a major storm created a sense of urgency because most insurance companies stop covering after a year, which led to a lot of success. What we found out from this one, however, is that you also have to be ahead of the storm if it is going to create major damage to your potential clients’ houses. Every response that was labeled “Late” was someone who said they already had their roof either inspected, repaired, or replaced. If we had started this campaign before the storm, Priority Roofing would have been at the top of the customers’ minds so that when they looked at their roof and saw damage, they would know who to call. We started our campaign just a few days after the storm and we were already behind.
Another takeaway I have from the campaign is that, as we tried to fix our deliverability issue, we put in a line to the script that said, “Reply STOP to unsubscribe”, which drastically increased our “Stop” responses. By giving the client a call to action right there, we set ourselves up for that message. It was one of the solutions we read as we troubleshot our issues, but it ended up costing us valuable responses.
However, we were able to get 7 people to book an inspection, and 10 others who were willing to get on a phone call to hear the sales pitch. We had a debate on whether to follow up with the 4 people who replied that their house was destroyed or totaled, but instead of pushing our product, we just told them that Priority Roofing is there for them if there’s any way we can help, hopefully adding a bit of goodwill by reaching out a hand to somebody in need. Another positive takeaway is that we are still getting responses. Just today, almost a month after the launch, we had some reply that they were interested in booking a meeting. Even if the campaign sequence had been completed, we are still getting texts back from potential leads.